Plaque at Castle Dore with mention of the battle of Lostwithiel 1644
Memorial - Plaque
Does the monument still exist?
These earthworks, 225ft in diameter, enclosed a village dating from the 3rd to 1st centuries BC.
In the 6th century AD. they surrounded the wooded hall of King Mark of Cornwall who figures in the story of Tristan and Iseult and who is named on the stone found near here and now at the Four Turnings, Fowey.
On 31st August 1644, the site was held by Parliamentary forces and taken by the royalists.
In need of repainting
Castle Dore, Par, Cornwall PL24 2UA