Further reading - Battlefield Guides
The battle is dealt with in most of the standard battlefield guides, but in most cases the information is very limited. As so often, the best by far is Burne, although there is now far more detailed mapping of the historic terrain and of the army deployments than was available when Burne wrote.
- Burne, The Battlefields of England, London, Greenhill Books, 1996
- Chandler, Sedgemoor 1685 : from Monmouth's invasion to the Bloody Assizes, Staplehurst, Spellmount, 1999; provides several pages of information for a visit to the battlefield.
- Clark, Battlefield Walks : The South, 1996; the walk suggested by Clark is long and does not seem to best exploit the battlefield.
- Fairbairn & Cyprien, A Traveller's Guide to the Battlefields of Britain, 1983
- Getmapping, British Battles: Amazing Views, 2002; as usual an excellent air photo though it does not extend quite far enough north to show the position of the Langmoor Rhyne; the troop deployments are not accurately positioned and should be ignored.
- Green, Guide to the battlefields of Britain and Ireland, London, Constable, 1973
- Kinross, Walking & Exploring the Battefields of Britain, 1988; one of the better accounts and walk descriptions.
- Kinross, Discovering Battlefields of England, 1989
- Warner, British Battlefields: The Definitive Guide to Warfare in England and Scotland, 2002