Most books about the battle of Edgehill contain a few paragraphs detailing the battles of Brentford and Turnham Green, but the treatment is usually perfunctory. The only published study of the battle of Brentford is Chippendale’s -The Battle of Brentford (1991). This is a solid account, but does not make use of all the sources.
LIST OF SECONDARY WORKS
- Chippendale, Neil, 1991, Battle of Brentford, Partizan Press
- Young, Peter, 1995, Edgehill, Windrush Press
- Carlton, Charles, 1992, Going to the Wars: The Experience of the British Civil Wars 1638-1651, Routledge
- Nugent, 1880, Memorials of John Hampden: His Party and his Times
- Peachey, Stuart, 1997, The Edgehill Campaign and the Letters of Nehemiah Wharton, Partizan Press
- Burne, Alfred H and Peter Young, 1998, The Great Civil War, Windrush Press