The alternative site for the battlefield, as discussed by Burne. Looking north west from the lane just to the south west of Roselyon towards the plantations of Boconnoc's landscape park. In 1643 this was open pasture, part of Braddock South Downs. The gound in the valley bottom was a small marsh. The road from Liskeard to Boconnoc ran right to left along the hilltop. Burne places the action at the lowest point of the hilltop, with the parliamentarian deployment on the right slope and the royalist on teh left. Boconnoc church lies just beyond the woodland on the right hand side.
Photo: G Foard 16/04/2003; photo number: 050; Grid Reference: 216330,061028
Copyright © The Battlefields Trust 2004
Click here to see the original (larger) version of this image
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THIS PAGE