- Atkyns: Young, Peter, and Norman Tucker. The Civil War (The Military Memoirs of Richard Atkyns and John Gwynne). London: Longmans, 1967.
- Hopton: Hopton, R, Bellum Civile, ed. C E H Chadwyck Healey, Somerset Record Society 18 (1902).
- Slingsby: 'Colonel Slingsby's relation of the battle of Lansdown and Roundway Down, July 5th'. Clarendon MSS., Vol. 23, No.1738 (2). Printed in Hopton, Ralph. Bellum Civile, ed. C E H Chadwyck Healey, Somerset Record Society 18 (1902).
- Clarendon, 1702, The history of the rebellion and civil wars in England, begun in the year 1641.
- Mercurius Aulicus, 27th week.
- Harley: Harley, E 'Captain Edward Harley to Sir Robert Harley at Westminster'. Historical Manuscripts Commission Report on the Duke of Portland's MSS vol.iii, p112 113 (1894).
- Waller: Letter from Waller to the Speaker, 12 July 1643. Tanner MS 62 f.164.
- Mercurius Civicus, no.7.
- A true Relation of the great and glorious victory, through God's Providence, obtained by Sir William Waller, Sir Arthur Haslerig, and others, London, Printed for Edward Husbands, July 14, 1643. Thomason Tracts E. 60 (12).